Carb trouble

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aces3

Reaction score
Since I did the pipe and jetting when I got in deep mud my wolvy kept sputtering well I found out the vent tube that runs up under the gas tank from the top side of the carb has been sucking mud in. Removed and cleaned the carb now its time to reroute or come up with a mod to keep this from happening again. Any ideas would be helpful. Maybe a filter system .Thanks

they would be perfect.Thanks

I hope this helps anyone that has a newer wolvy and like to do serious mudding.

The filter would keep mud out, but water will still get in. I used vacuum hose and extended all my breathers up to the handle bars. I used manual transmission vent caps, they don't seal but they keep big crap from falling in. You could extend the hose up higher and put a vent filter on.

Thats pretty much what I did, ran it up by the steering with the rest of them and back in the front of the gas tank so its backwards and down no mud will get in and will take quite alot to get water sucked up there. I found the filter and figured they would plug easily and yes let water in. I am still stocked at the amount of suction on that hose. The new hose is clear also and ran it next to the frame so I can see it. This way I will know if it has not fixed the problem.

Back