Carb Trouble ?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bike runs and idles fine, but there is still that " Hic-UP" at idle and full throttle. The pic is where it's sucking air in. Very small leak.

If the plug is black then it is not running fine. Might feel ok, but it's not happy. Can't have any leaks at all. You never said what jets are in it, or where the needle is (which slot the clip is in). With a vacuum leak present you'll never get proper fuel metering.

Is the air filter side of the carb supported in any way, or is the carb just hanging on by the manifold?
Do not RTV this carb neck where it slips into the manifold... it will either 1) slip out of the manifold, or 2) absorb gas and turn to snot, ingest the snot, run lean, then the carb will slip off. It either fits right without the RTV or it doesn't.

Well, this thread got me goin to figure my turd out & I have a vacuum leak in the intake boot area. I can pull on the carb a lil while it's running & it leaks, idle will pick up & I can hear the leak & @ wot if I reach down & pull on the carb a lil it'll just completely stall. I need to look into the sealing surface against the carb & see if it's there. I've inspected this boot a couple times previously & haven't found a "smoking gun" but I haven't had it apart since this last time & it ran fine any time before.

Do not RTV this carb neck where it slips into the manifold... it will either 1) slip out of the manifold, or 2) absorb gas and turn to snot, ingest the snot, run lean, then the carb will slip off. It either fits right without the RTV or it doesn't.

I agree on not using RTV on this. Only on the flat surface against the head. When I said that in my post I was under the assumption it still had the stock carb and intake mount. I don't use RTV on my Banshee where the carb clamps into the intake. It will not hold there because the carb tends to slip around a little in that type of mount even when dry and tight.

My sealing surfaces are good but I have a hole.

It's a pin size hole, you'll have to replace it. I have a fealing that's what mine is, and I can't adjust Carb until I fix it. Now I have to tear down carb just to measure the size to replace the gasket clamps.

Now I have fuel leaking out of the Carb itself. Didn't happen before, just started. I haven't started it in 2 days, now it's leaking fuel

Latest posts

Back