Carb screw size.....

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

palerider

Reaction score
I knew I was going to rejet later this week once my GYTR filter and jet kit come in. (Ordered 1 month ago from South Seattle Sports, they forgot to ship it, another story.) I have my new HMF pipe on there and just dropped the clip per HMF specs, but I know once I put the filter on there I will have to rejet. I have heard the horror stories of the screws on the bottom of the carb, so I figured I would see how easy they come off.

Yea right, why do they use the cheapest damn phillips head screws possible and have Andre' the Giant himself torque them down. Needless to say they are going to be a bitch to get out and will require surgery after I strip the **** out of the phillips slots. :mad:

So my question is anybody know the metric size of these screws on the Raptor?

I want to go get some allen head screws so that I can replace them when I do get them out when I rejet them.

Thanks

not sure of the size of the screws but vise-grips will be your friend if they are seized in there.

Well it came down to the vise grips ;)

But for those interested in changing out those stupid brass screws out of the bottom of the carb they are a 4 x 10 mm for the 3 and the 1 longer one that holds the throttle adjustment is a little longer and it is a 4 x 12 mm.

Back