Carb rebuild kits?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hdale85

Reaction score
So I bought my Warrior today and I can't keep it started. It sat for 3 years the owners said and likely has some old gas that ran through it as well as a varnished carb? Either way I have decided to just strip it down and buy a rebuild kit and soak it in some solvent.

My question is are all these rebuilt kits equal pretty much? Can I just grab any of them from ebay? They seem to range from 20 bucks up to about 50?

What solvent?
Just soaking probably won't do it.

Depending on the carb and the condition of the O-rings, most need just cleaned and not even a kit.
Make sure you remove and run a small wire through the pilot jet, and open up the galley running through the bowl for the accelerator pump.
It's gotta be spotless inside and out.

Well, the kits are only 20ish bucks, I figure if I'm tearing it apart maybe I should just go ahead and replace the seals and what not. It is only a 2002 though so maybe I'd be ok? What about the petcock? Think it could be clogged up? Or partially so?

I'm not sure what kind of solvent, I'm taking recommendations on that part.

I was also wondering what brand oil filter and oil you guys prefer? Is mobile 1 ok for the oil? And what about grease for the A-Arms and swing arm, and all that good stuff?

Tank should be fine its plastic, metal tanks seem to be the ones with issues, lines would most likely be overkill aswell.

I would imagine the petcock to be all gummed up by now if gas sat in it for that long. Take it off and clean that too. Carb rebuilds are a good buy. Good peace of mind.

But are the ebay kits ok to use? I'll order one tonight, I don't know if I'll get a petcock rebuild kit though? You can buy the whole (brand new) petcock for 20 bucks while the rebuild kit is 15.

Oh and as for solvent, apparently this stuff is supposed to be really good.

Berryman's B-12 Chemtool, apparently the can of liquid is the stuff to use.

Yupp, berrymans makes great product. Just take it apart and clean it first. Yes the kits on ebay are just fine as far as I know, have never heard any disaster story's from them yet.

Well I went ahead and ordered a rebuild kit, it'll probably be here tomorrow as it's only like 70 miles away. Going to try and strip the carb off today, I'm not sure what tools I'll need hopefully not much. About a year ago I had a nice big tool set with brand new boxes and everything but we ran into some trouble and needed money and we didn't have a place to store it at the time anyways.

Looks like it's mostly just a few bolts and some allen keys. I wish the Clymer told you what sizes the bolts and stuff were, that's one gripe I have about it lol.

The kit I ordered was 24 shipped and it's a Moose branded kit so I imagine it's of pretty good quality. Looks to be pretty good.

Back