carb question

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kreed5821

Reaction score
My raptor has not been started in a while so I was getting it to going. I put a new battery in it, new spark plug, and fresh gas. It will start with the choke on but will not keep running with it off and won't keep running for long even with the choke. When I give it a little gas it pops and sputters and will go dead if I don't let go. Really it seems like it is not getting enough gas rather than flooding. As soon as it dies I can choke it and it starts right back up. What should I check first? I have no experience with the carbs at all and only have a downloaded service manual.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

here ya go

fa25ce6b.jpg

please note that this pic is of a warrior carb but the location on the raptor carb is the same

I took the carb apart and cleaned it good. It will start easy now but backfires. When I play with the fuel screw it will start backfiring in the carb. Any ideas what the problem could be?

have you checked the intake boot (between the head and the carb) I would check this for small crack that or the carb may have need cleaned again. GOOD luck man.

I took the carb apart and cleaned it good. It will start easy now but backfires. When I play with the fuel screw it will start backfiring in the carb. Any ideas what the problem could be?

back the fuel screw out untill the bike will run better at 1/4 throttle.

How long did you let it sit? This wonderful gas that we get now likes to gum up the jets.

Latest posts

Back