Carb problemmss

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mxhothead

Reaction score
I'm havin a problem with my carb. The bike runs but the idle is really high. I tried adjusting the idle screw and the pilot screw but it doesn't seem to do anything! i replaced the pilot jet with the oem specified one but I still can't figure it out. I made sure the cab was clear but I can't figure out why it's ideling so freakin' high. also... I noticed the other day that when I started the bike that within 30 second the exhaust pipe coming from the engine was glowing red hot. and I mean GLOWING.

Yep, sounds like an air leak somewhere. Check the intake.

If you don't see any obvious signs of an air leak, Make sure it's not a combo of problems. Def sounds like it's running lean but at least take the throttle cable plate off the side if the carb and visually confirm that the throttle is closing all the way. That way you know that a lean issue is causing your idle to race and not the other way around. How long did it take for the pipe to glow? If it was your float your machine would probably not accelerate as it would be starved for fuel.

My honda was doing that too I adjusted the cable down from the throttle end.

IDK about the glowing though

if it just started running lean and you didn't play with the carb then it is probably an air leak (did you mess with the air box? change to a freeier flowing air filter?) or the throtle is hanging up ( rusty cable?, out of adjustment?) if you changed the air filter adjust the fuel air mixture by turning the fuel needle on the bottom of the carb out about 1/8 turn at a time till it runs better

Could be the manifold between the carb and the jug. Check that for cracks...and make sure it's tight.

Latest posts

Back