Carb Problem

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Likibow

Reaction score
i'm having trouble with my 95 warrior carb, yesterday after 3 month of no riding decided to crank it up it started well but i notice fuel was coming out of the drain hose so i cracked open the carb and i found the floats where stuck with some gummy old gas so cleaned up put it back together and when i start the engine goes straight up to full throttle don't know much of carbs but what went wrong is my question, any help would be appreciated thanks!

something might be wrong with the throttle cable. might try reassembling it and adjust it. also check your boots

Make sure the slide is moving freely

ive never had a boot problem yet but many others have. could be either one that attaches to the carb. if they're cracked then your bike does funny things

the main reason why i mentioned the throttle cable is ive had it happen to me. exact situation as you. i checked all the mechanics over and over and couldn't figure it out. i tried running the bike w/o the cable attached and it ran fine. when i reassembled it the problem went away. it was a weird day but i assume the cable or linkage got stuck somewhere.

Glad you got it figured out. Those things seem to crack for a lot of guys.

Well it's just because it's rubber and dries out over time. Other bikes have the same type of boots too. You might want to check all of your motor mounts. I think kyle just recently suggested that to another guy that keeps cracking them

If your rubber boot is broken you might wanna check your top motor mounts underneath the fuel tank when these crack they cause excessive vibration that leads to a busted intake boot. It is a very common problem with these warriors.

I was just mentioning this in another thread and then saw this one. Yea the carb boot is a common thing. I've had mine go on me too. Boats.net has em cheapest thru their eBay store. About 44$. I keep a spare on me in case.

Back