Carb popping and unable to adjust idle

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FOX4LIFE

Reaction score
Hey guys, i have an 02 warrior thats having issues. I just installed a new carb from Zoom zoom with stock jets. The problem is, at idle its around 2000 to 2500 RPMs. The idle adjust won't change anything and my fuel to air is at about 2 turns out. Its also popping or slapping out of the carb intake when idleing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Sounds like a cracked intake boot. Check it for cracks, and if it is bad, get a new OEM one.

Any certain site or part # you would recommend?

Last edited:
So, i went ahead and pulled my boot, there were no noticable cracks or tears anywhere, any idea what else could be causing this?

Sometimes they aren't noticeable. An easier way to check is to have it on the bike and the bike running slightly above idle, which it sounds like yours already does. Then spray starting fluid all over the intake boot. If there are any cracks or leaks, the intake air flow will pull in the starting fluid and cause the engine to increase in rpms. Obviously if you do this and there is no rpm change, you intake boot is good.

So i checked the intake boot with starter fluid as stated. No change in Idle, anymore suggestions?

Do you have the stock jets that came in the Zoom Zoom carb, or stock mikuni brand jets swapped in?

When its running turn your handlebars back & forth & see if theres a change in Idle, if there is check that the cable is correct near the carb or at the top by the Throttle adjustment....I just had the same symptoms on my 300ex & i had just reinstalled the carb & everything was correct, Idle screw did nothing & at the adjustment up at the bars the cable where it was crimped was stuck i adjusted that & slid the boot back over the cable & problem solved...lol other than that i was scratching my head like what could this be

Just an Option for ya...

Latest posts

Back