Carb overflow randomly leaking

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sbaugh

Reaction score
The Overflow line will randomly leak some times. I have tighten the screw that leads into the line, but it will not go any tighter. Is there some sort of seal on that screw that keeps the fuel back or could it be something else?

Thanks,
Scott

Make sure you turn off that gas when not in use. Mine caught on fire last week and melted just about everything. I've always had problems with that even after 3 carbs.

The Overflow line will randomly leak some times. I have tighten the screw that leads into the line, but it will not go any tighter. Is there some sort of seal on that screw that keeps the fuel back or could it be something else?

Thanks,
Scott

That screw is not where it is leaking from. The float bowl has an overflow tube that direct drains through that line. If the float level is too high or your hit a bunch of bumps, you'll see some fuel drain out of it. You may want to check your float level.

The screw is for draining your float bowl from the bottom of the bowl.

I hope that helps.

Cheers!
Revrend

Thanks for the replies... I will have to check the float, because I have been tearing down the trails hitting a lot of bumps... in fact I rolled it about 3 weeks ago. It seems random though. Some times it spills a lot or none at all. Right now its just wet around the end of the drain line, but that's it, I am not seeing a puddle below it.

Best Regards,

happens to me when riding fast and hitting alot of bumps. just an overflow line

Same here as aces3,when the float sticks open it will flow out the tube,had it happen on my Kodiak.

Latest posts

Back