carb overflow hose POURING gas

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warriorfreak99

Reaction score
the bottom overflow hose pours gas when i turn the gas on and the screw right there where the hose goes into the carb is stripped, what do i do?:argh:

Is it the screw head that is stripped or the threads in the bowl? If it is the screw head, remove the bowl, grind a slot into the screw head and use a regular screwdriver on it or bust the screw head off with a small chisel and drill it out. If its the threads, try to tap it a size bigger or see if any members have an extra bowl they'd sell to you.

If there's access I always cut it with a cut off wheel so I can use a flat head. But I'm trying to figure out what screw he's talking about.

The screw aside.....fuel is coming out the overflow b/c the float us stuck. Prolly some trash in the fuel it something, maybe a piece of dirt stuck under the needle and seat for the float. Try to take the handle of a plastic screwdriver and peck firmly on the side of the bowl. Allot of times that will unstick them. If it's more than that it'll have to come apart for a good cleaning. Then you'll have to deal with your screw issues.

its not the bowl ive tried one i know is good. you cant get a grinder in there ill just drill it out, but my other carb drips too but not nearly as much so idk

Your float needs to adjusted like I said before. Or it has a crack and filled with gas.

Well this thread just saved my ass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine started flooding out/leaking also the last ride. Guess this is a hint to modify the air box, rebuild/re-jet, and install an in-line fuel filter. :tup:

It's cheap to do. I didn't know people were running without fuel filters.

Right, been lazy I guess. My other 2 quads have filters. I haven't worked on the warrior (carb or engine) in ages so that's why it hasn't been touched and is acting up. :argh:

how do you adjust the float? I took the float off and cleaned that needle and it still drips bad but stops after a while.

I specialize in repairs for this particular Mikuni BTM carb. Spotless record on eBay same username. If you need any help with rebuild service or parts, etc, shoot me a PM.

Back