carb mod help

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redrum

Reaction score
doing the pen spring mod and valve cap mod on my carb...took the carb off the bike took the bowl off and there was no spring in there to compare size to..unless there isn't one in there anyway I was just wondering what to compare the size of the spring to..i pulled apart a few pens I had and most springs are the same size so im assuming one of them will work

and also in the tutorial that I read with the pictures ..where the spring is supposed to go on the bowl there is a "rod" looking thing attached to the bowl its not just an empty hole.

The spring goes into the hole the rod goes in. Just put a clicker pen spring in there and you should be fine. I've never done it...

caus the only way for the spring to work then is to put it over the rod..and then it would have to be small enough to go into the hole that the rod goes in or big enough to go over the rod and just sit over the hole on the carb right?

You leave the rod in the carb body. There is a little "tit" on the end of the rod that goes into the float bowl/accel pump hole. That spring fits tight on the "tit", and you just put the bowl back on, with the spring and rod eng going into the hole. That's it. Best to do it with the carb upside down. Just makes it easier.

You have to remove the rod and put the spring in the hole. Put the rod back in then put the carb back together and put a valve cap on the end of that rod

That rod also needs the accordion boot on it inside the side cover where the throttle arm is at.

and also in the tutorial that I read with the pictures ..where the spring is supposed to go on the bowl there is a "rod" looking thing attached to the bowl its not just an empty hole.

This happened to me yesterday I was confused . Thought I had a different carb . The spring is under thar copper looking stem pull it out . Clean our hole before replacing spring it should be able to bounce once you put the rod back in

ajumu7av.jpg

Last edited:
This happened to me yesterday I was confused . Thought I had a different carb . The spring is under thar copper looking stem pull it out . Clean our hole before replacing spring it should be able to bounce once you put the rod back in

ajumu7av.jpg

I did the same thing when I was doing mine I'm like....uhh where's the spring?:eek: then I figured it out

ok so I cant take any pics caus my phone blows but basically the bowl obv looks just like the one above^...so now I take the spring and put it over that rod on the bowl and my question is will the spring go into the hole that the rod goes in on the carb itself? or does it just go over and the rod and sit on outside edge of the hole on the carb?..sorry for all the confusion just wanna put it on right..and what does this exactly do again?..

I cant get that brass ring out either..there is a brass ring just like the pic above and another one on the carb itself cant get either out..any tricks or does it not have to come out other than to clean?

ok so I cant take any pics caus my phone blows but basically the bowl obv looks just like the one above^...so now I take the spring and put it over that rod on the bowl and my question is will the spring go into the hole that the rod goes in on the carb itself? or does it just go over and the rod and sit on outside edge of the hole on the carb?..sorry for all the confusion just wanna put it on right..and what does this exactly do again?..

No you have to pull that rod OUT I used a needle nose pliers with a cloth wrapped around the ROD. Once you pull the rod out and turn upside down the old spring will fall out before replacing with new spring clean hole place spring in and put rod back in the put every thing back toghter.

Be advised The ROD on the bowl is the one you pull out LEAVE THE rod on the carb itself alone. I believe the rod on the Bowl is not supposed to come out attached to the bowl but it just gets stuck I assume .

ok ill give it a shot thanks I think you explained it perfect. that's what I was confused about..ill let you guys know how it comes out..

and as far as the valve cap goes I think I got that good..the rubber boot is still on the rod that the cap goes over and all looks good.

and as far as the valve cap goes I think I got that good..the rubber boot is still on the rod that the cap goes over and all looks good.

Cool good luck let me know how the mod works out (feels) . I did mine Saturday but still building can't wait to try it.

Back