Carb issues.......still

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

txdunerider

Reaction score
So I have been through the carb again rejetted again still backfire through carb....help

backfires through the carb at idle. Went up on the jet adjusted the mixture screw , checked the intake boot or cracks , replaced the O-rings ...... ....... ......

clutch safety switch? Mine did that and sure enough that is what it was!

Clutch switch is bypassed , valves are on spec, mixture screw is 2 1/4 out adjusted it from there still backfires through the f'n carb

Clutch switch is bypassed , valves are on spec, mixture screw is 2 1/4 out adjusted it from there still backfires through the f'n carb

at all throttle positions or just about 1/4 throttle and under? This is a warrior or raptor carb?

Warrior carb and it is at idle up to 1/2 throttle. The catch is it ran fine just as it was for almost 2 years and it started this within the last two months never had an issue before

Well, it is deffinetly in the idle circuit. Does it run poorly anywhere else? Just for curiosity sake... have you removed the slide insert? I've talked about it before in other threads. Don't remember if I talked about it in yours. Since everything else seems to be in good shape, and you have cleaned it, the intake manifold is good, there are no unmetered air leaks on the intake side of the carb, and this happened all of a sudden... I'm wondering if one of the 2 o-rings that go around the slide insert has gone bad, and a piece has gotten sucked into the idle circuit passageway that goes to the mixture screw. Check into it and let me know. If you need help with how to remove the insert, let me know.

I will check it and let ya know thanks for the advice I would not have thought to check that

No prob. Have had them little bastards go bad on me. Only mine ran super rich through out the throttle ranges. Take the mixture screw out, and blow air through that bad boy to get any rubber out of the circuit. Take some pics too that way members will know what it is I've been talking about. I don't have any pics myself.

Latest posts

Back