Carb issues help

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warriorfreak99

Reaction score
My warrior carb is giving me a hard time, i can only get the bike to start on half choke and when it does it only runs for a second or 2 and then stalls. it backfires alot too but i think thats from cranking on it so much and flooding it. But anyway, jetting issue, needle, etc? any help is appreciated...

Sounds like you have to much fuel, did you rebuild it? Sounds like its only starting up with the choke cuz its to rich, i dont no carbs but thats what it sounds like to me, have you adjusted the airfuel screw properly and set the idle?

Have you cleaned the carb? Float height correct? Sounds like you might be lean. Getting good flow from the tank? How's the timing? Could be lots of different things.

timing is right rebuilt top end 6hrs ago but its ran right since then, i got it to start on full choke and header glowed red so i know pilot is lean, ordered complete rebuild kit for carb with needle valve for float

pulled spark plug and it was fouled from flooding, cleaned it and it started alot easier but header glowed red and then stalled when i took choke off

Intake boot most likely your lean as hell. Unless the a lot of build up on exhaust valve and it's not closing all the way

FYI to all, I have specialized in repairing these Warrior carbs for over 6 years now, with hundreds sold on eBay 100% feedback under the same username. "I know them like the back of my hand".
If you ever need any assistance with repairs or replacements, I would be happy to help out. Shoot me a PM.

FYI to all, I have specialized in repairing these Warrior carbs for over 6 years now, with hundreds sold on eBay 100% feedback under the same username. "I know them like the back of my hand".
If you ever need any assistance with repairs or replacements, I would be happy to help out. Shoot me a PM.

I have a 87 warrior took the carb off cause wouldn't run right cleaned it. It was pretty nasty! Put it back together and run good for a little bit now when I go to start it it wont run took the plug out and its completely black brand new plug! Does the carb need rebuilt?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

running too rich if plug is black soot if it's oily black then you need a top end rebuild

Back