Carb issue and question

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Otto7668

Reaction score
My idle is kinda high and it seems like its flooding the carb with fuel cause it pours out the overflow...other than that...it has plenty of power and fine at wot..I just don't know how to adjust idle and or fix the flooding..the guy who serviced said it had something to do with the choke...he wanted another 250$ to disassemble the carb and clean it and fine tune everything so I told him I'd figure it out myself haha...I'm just not to familiar with these carbs

If you have a 12 mm wrench and screwdriver you can pull the carb. You can adjust the idle on the carb with the thumb screw right underneath the gas line on the carb. I'd suggest pulling the carb and cleaning it good, maybe checking what jets you have and adjusting the float bowl. Leaking fuel could be the float has too much fuel or could be dirt not allowing the float to cut off flow. I would suggest fixing the first 2 before looking at jetting.

Fixed the float issue but now it falls on its face at the top of the gears...it's fine and has plenty of power till about 3 seconds before I would shift an it sounds like I'm hitting a rev limiter....any idea on what could cause this issue?

It's semi black...I adjusted the valves today as well, the intake needed a little bit of adjustment and the exhaust was perfect...I hope this problem is carburetor related I've only had this thing 3 weeks and haven't even been able to enjoy it haha...I just want it to run good:-(

Did you mess with the needle adjustments? Are you sure you have no intake restrictions?

Kinda sounds like when I bought cheap spark plugs at Walmart for a cycle. Just not enough spark at higher rpms. Any chance you have the wrong plug? Black would indicate it's not burning all the fuel. As stated it could be flooding out due to jet size. But I would think it would continue to increase in rpm's and backfire and smell bad at that high of a rev. just another idea.

Haven't messed with anything...stock air filter and box..I did notice the accelerator pump was frozen in the carb bowl and I cannot get it out didn't wanna break it..and I adjusted the float but its still leaking gas threw the overflow...I just can't win with this thing...in neutral it revs fine..just under load at high rpm is the problem

Google maps says 75 meters...but like I said its n 03 and all stock...it's been in Massachusetts since bought new by the previous owner..and he said it ran great before he let it sit for a year and a half

Float valve
Bowl gasket
pilot o-ring
carb top gasket
carb front o-ring

Adjust float to spec
check for blocked vent line on side of carb
Check choke knob freeplay and plunger (may be bent)
check drain screw on bowl
flush tank and fuel valve (don't want any trash getting into float valve)

soak accelerator pump with penetrating oil then heat up a little not too hot
just enough to warm it up good.

make sure nothing is missing or damaged!

Hope this helps.

Float valve
Bowl gasket
pilot o-ring
carb top gasket
carb front o-ring

Adjust float to spec
check for blocked vent line on side of carb
Check choke knob freeplay and plunger (may be bent)
check drain screw on bowl
flush tank and fuel valve (don't want any trash getting into float valve)

soak accelerator pump with penetrating oil then heat up a little not too hot
just enough to warm it up good.

make sure nothing is missing or damaged!

Hope this helps.

OK Maybe time for the new carb. LOL

Latest posts

Back