carb clean

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redrum

Reaction score
anyone have any good ways to polish my carb up..its not to bad just typical dirt and fading but i got everything else repainted and cleaned polished etc so i wanna do the outside of the carb to..

Acid wash. Take it all apart first and make sure there are no seals left in it before ya do it.

i use fire power carb and choke cleaner,

EDIT: When i use the carb and choke cleaner with everything tore apart and in peices just the shell is there, i use the cleaner with some rags and pipe cleaners. this way you can get all the little tiny spots that get build up with dirt

Last edited:
where can i find acid wash...and fire power carb cleaner? dont recall seein any of that at any of my local stores ha

I just would brow my parts into the doush tank at my dads work, which is a mineral oil tank.

You can use Gumout carb cleaner as well that works pretty good, but like alex said, make sure everything is out of the carb, seals and all. then give it a good cleaning. I normaly do a fully cleaning on my carbs prior to a full rebuild, this way i know the carb looks new and runs like new.

exactly..ok ill give it a shot then some carb cleaner and my polishing compound **** i got..

no dont use polishing compound! toooooooo hard to use around the carb and if it gets inside the carb, nothing good will come out of that.

Berryman Chem-dip most autoparts stores carry it. Its in a one gallon can with a parts basket. Just soak your carb parts overnight then rinse with hot soapy water. And it will destroy all nonmetallic parts.

Berryman Chem-dip most autoparts stores carry it. Its in a one gallon can with a parts basket. Just soak your carb parts overnight then rinse with hot soapy water. And it will destroy all nonmetallic parts.

Yeah, that **** works awesome.

ok thanks for that tip! so basically just take all the **** out of the carb gaskets jets etc and put the carb itself in the basket with that **** and follow directions?..sounds good to me ill see if my local store has any

Latest posts

Back