CANT GO WRONG

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2fast4urass2005

Reaction score
NOPE you can not go wrong with a warrior or rap 350 so simple and tough.Why im saying this is because I went riding today sunk it in cold ass watter in a creek up to the top of the tank almost!! It cut off so I jump off push it to dry ground and take the spark plug out drain the air box turn it over a few times to get the watter out dry up the filter and throw the plug in and bam she bust off with in 2 second's runs like a champ this is the 3rd time ive sunk my lil ship and she just keep's running strong as ever The 350 may not be a 700R or have all that nice fuel injection but i bet if you sunk the 700R it would NOT be so easy to get going aging .Thats why i say the 350 is the most bad ass hard core trail machine!!!Just thought id share my exp with my 350... ;D

dude **** warriors can do a little bit of everything

Reminds me of what my buddy did on his 400ex...lol. Was riding in a creek and there was a ledge you couldn't see underwater. He fell off the ledge, bike turned upside down and sank-while it was still running. We caught up to it downstream and pulled it out, but obviously it shut off by then. Took out the plug, drained gas on it and lit it a few times to try to dry up the water. Flipped it up on the grab bar to let as much water drain from the pipe as possible. Did the same with the filter, which we had to dry out too. His headlight looked like a fish bowl...lol. It took a minute of cranking before it started, but it did start. We had to change the oil like six times to get the water out of it. Make sure to check the oil, if it's white and milky you're going to have to flush it five or six times to get all the water out.

Well Warriors have a wet sump oiling system, so as long as the crank case vent dosn't get submerged it should be fine. The 400EX on the other hand has a dry sump and an external oil tank so it would be possible to get water in more places.

Just read my ran the 446 post, that'll tell ya somthing. That motor ran perfect with no oil until I noticed it, seized rocker arm an all.
Thats why the Warrior engine weighs so much, it's built pretty damn bullit proof.

Back