Cant find this oil leak

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

87 warrior

Reaction score
So i happened to notice oil on my head right above my exhaust port and its quiet an oil leak.what would it be laeking from.i checked the 3 covers there on good and i retourqued my head and nothing was loose.does anyone have any ideas?

Also just because the valve cover o-ring gasket looks good, it dosen't mean they are. The rubber o-rings can have flat spots in them. I would change it first before messing with the head bolts, also the o-rings gaskets are cheap.

I have the same stubborn leak. I used some high quality rtv on the VCs and replaced the copper washers/gaskets on the head bolts, still no luck. Turns out my head actually had a crack in it and was leaking oil from the right side of the head near where the intake rocker shaft goes. Kinda hard to explain but yeah.

I still have a very slight drip from somewhere, I think I just need a new head. It's not too bad now though, So I'll probably just leave it untill I break it. But anyhow...

The method I used to find the leak was removing the crankcase breather hose and GENTLY pressurizing the crankcase with the air hose. I could hear the air hissing out of the crack right away.

If you use too much pressure you could cause other leaks, so with an air gun just give a little blast into the crankcase breather tube and listen for leaks. I soaked my head and jug with soapy water to help pinpoint the leak. I actually just used a little jb weld over the cracked area. Sealed it up pretty good though I still think this head has a crack somewhere. Must have been severly overheated by the previous owner(s).

Back