can you remove the ball join on a arms?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JRK5892

Reaction score
so i am begin'n to plan out my powder work on my quad, but was looking at the A arms last night and it does not appear that you can press out the ball joint like you would on a car... any tips for this? i am going to have to remove it to powder them. I know i could go with american star a arms but i really dont want to spend the coin on them

No you cant remove the ball joint unless its an 87 because they had replacable ball joints. If i were you i would just spray paint them Mine have been painted for about 6 months and the paint is still holding up.

so i am begin'n to plan out my powder work on my quad, but was looking at the A arms last night and it does not appear that you can press out the ball joint like you would on a car... any tips for this? i am going to have to remove it to powder them. I know i could go with american star a arms but i really dont want to spend the coin on them
You could look at the the full flight arms.. Their not quite as pricey.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RAPTOR-350-...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item3f205d6258
But IMO the stock arms suck! These quads can really use the handling advantage.
Upgrading the a-arms, and shocks on a 2nd gen warrior is the best money you can spend.. :iagree:

Some smaller tires, and better rims will help the handling of yours out a lot to.

I have those a arms. MAJOR improvement. A little squeeky on the heims but I keep them oiled.

My a arms are of a raptor I know you can remove a 66o's ball joints I was just hoping I could do the same maybe if I can heat it up and press it out. Ill prob buy one off eBay to try it on

Back