Can someone confirm this P/N question for me?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2xtreme

Reaction score
OK, I've looked all over online- at all the parts diagrams I can find.

I assume this to be true, but can someone confirm that the carriers on and 1989 and 2001 Warrior's are NOT interchangeable??

Thinks in advance......I think. If this is true I am BACK in the market for a carrier................. :mad:

I know for sure 87 and 88 arnt Interchangable with the later models........89 I'm unsure of.
I think they only made 2 differant types of carriers. One has 2 long bolts going through it.
The other is held on by 4 differant nuts and bolts.

If yours is held on with the 4 N&B's You cant use the later model...........
If its 2 long bolts........You should beable to use any late model.

Unless thers a 3rd model carrier that I dont know of.

You can always change your swing arm to use the later model carriers.
The usually abundant and cheap on e-bay.........I got mine for 18 bucks shipped.
Everything else will work with them except you may have to shorten your chain.

Here's my problem-

The one we have uses the 2 long bolts, same as the one we replaced.

But...

The 'tabs' that the brake caliper bolts to appear to be too short- the caliper 'bottoms out' on the disk before the hole locations on the caliper bracket reach their mounting points on the carrier.

I'm like WTF??

Anyone else with info???

Dam....My mistake..........I forgot in 87 88. Once again not sure about 89 . The rotor is a smaller diameter. The later models are considerably bigger.
I would assume yours is the 2001 with the 89 carrier by the way it sounds. Now the question you need the awnser for is what year did they change the size of the rotor. So you can get the right carrier or pick up another rotor N hub.

I know my carrier and rotor came off a 2000 and it is the bigger size. My original 87 caliper worked fine ,so that isnt your problem it didnt change anything .

Right.

'01 rotor and '89 carrier.
Didn't even think about interchangeability issues when I grabbed that carrier of WarriorRacer13.... :-/

SONOFA!!

I can probably find an 89 rotor and hub faster than an 01 carrier.

But I really don't want to go swapping components from too many different years. I rather try to keep as many 01 interchangeable parts as possible. Makes for easier purchasing of parts down the road if you don't have to remember what year thi si an what year that is.

Crap!

I'll be lucky if this thing is back together before the snow flies.

Well for future references we know theres at least 3 differant carriers out there for warriors.

...Now the question you need the awnser for is what year did they change the size of the rotor. So you can get the right carrier or pick up another rotor N hub...

Well, I am using an 04 axle. So if the faster solution is to get an 89 hub/sprocket I need to know if the 89 hub fits an 04 axle.

BUT

Since there is such a difference in the diameter of the rotors, I wold imagine the calipers/pads are completely different too. So I don't think that is the answer.

Thoughts??

Hm........My 87 Caliper works on the 2000 carrier, I am also using the orignal sprocket and hub setup for that.........So i know the axle is the same from 87 to 2000. The surface the brake pads ride on is the same size.............the entire thing is just rounder. So it shouldnt be a problem.

What I would check on ii seeing if the 87,88 and 89 are the same rotor and hub. Make it easier to find if your e-bayen.

Also if the hubs the same you can grab just the rotor .

I would mail ya my 87 if I still had it. I **** canned it figuren I would never swithc back.........it was also quite worn.

the 87 disk break calaper hub is the same as all the other years and the sprocket hub is different it had 4 fingers instead of 6 they changed it to 6 in 89

Hm........My 87 Caliper works on the 2000 carrier, I am also using the orignal sprocket and hub setup for that.........So i know the axle is the same from 87 to 2000. The surface the brake pads ride on is the same size.............the entire thing is just rounder. So it shouldnt be a problem....

Then why the hell can't I get this back together. From everything you've told me, there shouldn't be any problem...(?)

And I don't think it is possible to put it together 'wrong'.

Can you post a pic of your carrier/caliper setup for me??

Something's just not jiving...

As far as I can tell by whats being decribed is . In 87 and 88...........They had the 4 bolt style carrier,
In 89 the only thing they changed was the carrier to the style ya have now.
The 2 bolt one................
Some time after that they changed the Rotor size and maybe the hub (To accept the rotor)..........and also the carrier once again with longer fingers to mount the caliper to. ( ta compensate for bigger rotor) So it all fits back together.

So your newer style rotor is whats hangen ya up here.........

Hope that helps

ok our quad is an 02 not an 01 (dad keeps forgetting) would it work if we bought an older style rotor? sence the older carrier wont line up with the newer caliper

im confused, there is no way we have it assembled wrong

You better get moving. 2006 is almost over and you haven't rode in months...

You need the rotor and maybe the hub that holds the rotor.
You should be good then.

OK, I'll start checking eBay, etc.

Just to dbl check:
The '01 caliper should work with the '89 rotor/hub (?)
and the '89 rotor hub splines should match the '04 axle (?)

BTW, thanks for all the help. :cool:

Well, I guess we'll see.

Just grabbed a '89 hub/rotor off ebay for 25.00.

Should be here by mid next week.

Also received our sprocket/hub today. Not real happy with the condition of it (teeth are pretty whooped). But it should be good for a little while- at least to get the thing rolling again.

Latest posts

Back