Can anyone recommend a good 4x4 quad?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave85zxt

Reaction score
I have my warrior for a toy but I still want to pick up a 4x4 quad for hunting and various utility reasons. I recently found out that my warrior doesn't go so well in 10" of heavy snow! Here are my criteria:

-4x4
-Fairly easy reverse mechanism
-min 350cc
-~$1500-2000 range

I am more than willing to work on an older quad. I want something that is simple, rugged and reliable. Got any suggestions?

Thanks,
Dave

****. I meant to put this in the general section. Can someone please move it there?

Its in the right spot already. I reccomend an older yamaha wolverine 350. Its both utility and sport, has 4 wheel drive and the same basic, rocky solid motor design as the warrior. They can take a helluva beating too. But if your looking for something bigger and realiable a kodiak or a big bear is pretty good too, just the wolverine is for both work and play.

i would go with an older model wolverine. a friend of mine has one and they are very reliable with the good ol warrior engine. they aren't the fastest things but they do have 4x4 and they do have reverse, also imo they are better lookin than the newer wolverines

If you run into a honda fourtrax 300 4X4, they are rock solid too and will surprise you at how well they go. I used to hunt with a guy that had one and he would go anywhere the bigger quads in the club would go and then some. His was small enough to go places that the newer and bigger ones just wouldn't fit and was lighter so he didn't mar up as bad in swaps either.

I want to get a wolverine later on but it would probably not be the best choice for hunting in my book. Grizzlys/Big Bears and the like are great for hunting though and will pull plows for food plots...lol.

I'd say go for the big bear, I know a guy who has one, seems very reliable. If you could afford new, a Brute Force 750 ;D

i have an 03 eiger 400 4x4 auto , and a 03 prarie 360 4x4 auto (wifes) they are both good machines the prarie has the front diff lock .the eiger is a tank i have had 16 ton of gravel delivered and i put my snow plow on, ratchet strapped it so it couldnt break away and i pushed that gravel out in about 2 hrs (mini Dozer ) of course if it isnt too muddy the warrior is the fun ride

its not a yamaha but a honda foreman 450 or the new 500

i say go for a 1999-2001 suzuki quadrunner 500.. you could probably pick one of them up for what you want to spend, and they are tanks! my dad has an 00' and he hooks it onto out 7000 pound mobile washer and backs it up our driveway, and our driveway is fairly steep. it also never had anything go wrong with it.. yet.

Back