can a warrior plow?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jester2899

Reaction score
I was just watching a video on youtube of this kid plowing with a warrior. He was going through some deep snow too. I was wondering if anyone has tried it or done it? I am looking to plow with an old warrior. I was going to stud the tires and put some chains on the tires and I thought it might be good, but I don't want to get stuck or pay the 400$ for the plow and it be like ****. I am trying to buy the cheapest quad or something that will allow me to plow drive ways quicker and travel to other blocks.

Sure, you CAN plow with a warrior, it's probably the best built sport quad for the job because so much about it seems utility-ish. I think the biggest issue would still be that it's 2 wheel drive and that usually isn't the greatest for plowing, it'll be totally useless if there's a layer of ice under the snow. All that extra weight on the front end from the plow means there's less weight in the back keeping those tires planted and holding traction. Studding the tires and throwing some chains on might be enough to get it to go anywhere, but I'm not sure of that so if it was me I wouldn't take that chance. I think you'd be better off with an old 4 wheel drive, something like a honda rancher. They're great workhorses and would probably plow through a volkswagen if your plow is strong enough.

I never rode a sport quad with studded tires and chains in the snow though, so it might be enough to plow. BUT if it isn't, and you're spinning your tires all the way across the driveway while you're plowing, people are gonna be pissed when their driveway melts off and dries, and there are chain tracks and gouges all the way up and down their driveways. I've seen that before with somebody plowing with a 2wd moto 4, but the kid was a dumbass, basically plowing 3rd gear pinned. I'd keep that in mind.

Im almost positive thats a member on this site, he had a few months fof or something, and his neighbor made him a bet he couldnt do it, its only a few pages back I believe, theres pictures too. cost him very little.

mind linking because I can't seem to find it after looking through 20 pages.

I have 20" GBC mudsharks, I can go as far as my moms sportsman when shes in 4x4 sometimes

Its kinda like towing a atv with a Honda civic, sure it would work but wouldn't work as good as a larger car or truck.

I had a 4' blade on my 2002 Warrior this winter for a few snow falls. It worked somewhat ok, but obviously not the best bike for the job. Pushing snow uphill, not a chance. Chains would definately make a huge difference, but they(Warriors) are just too light to push any real snow. I found the most I could get away with was about 10" if it was light powder, 4-5" if it was wet.
The blade is now on my wifes 4x4 Scrambler, obviously much better but still nowhere as good as her old heavy Grizzly.

Put the chains on and it will work fine. Don't bother studding the tires or you will screw up driveways. It's amazing how well chains work. Last year I was plowing with my tractor, going along just fine like I was on dry pavement, one of my chains came off (clasp broke, I use bolts now to hold them together) and I couldn't even move an inch. I bolted the chain back on in the middle of the driveway and continued on my merry way. It would be a good idea to make a good sized box to put out back full of salt. It would weigh a lot (where you need it, past the rear axle) and give you a convienient place to have salt on hand for sidewalks.

Back