cams?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote off something I wrote on warrior motor dynamics

Next is cams. Did you decide on that port and polish? If not I would look into a cam with a smaller lift as the stock head peaks at .400" of lift. Good cam choices are the hotcam stage 1 and 2 or the web .390. Maybe even the web .413 or mega .415. If you went with a port then I would look into a cam with a larger lift such as the web .413 or mega .415 again or the web .430, web .440 or the mega .450 as the higher the lift will equate to greater flow. Now to match cams with your piston. The larger cams like the web .430, .440 and mega .450 have a higher duration. The higher your duration the longer you can keep that valve way open giving big top end gains but on the downside the more compression bleed off you will have, or a lower "dynamic compression". Now the higher your compression is, the more you feel the power come in the lower rpms. If using a high compression piston, one of the larger cams with greater duration can easily be used as you're starting with a lot of "static compression" giving you sufficient "dynamic compression" even after the slight bleed off. If running one of the lower compression pistons, I would recommend one of the cams with less duration like the web .413 or mega .415. If looking for top end on one of these lower compression pistons, the web .430 or mega .450 cams are recommended as the web .440 just has too much duration with will drop your dynamic compression too low.

with the .390 or higher do you have to do more motor work {like valves,valve springs,etc}?I know with the stage 1 you don't.is this correct?

Say I were to run a .450 lift cam and a 12:1 compression piston I would still have to run race gas or no?

warriorbar-1.gif

03 Yamaha Warrior
PRM front bumper
AC nerfs
3 1/2" rear spacers
Custom slip on
More to come
check out my vids on YouTube
-Atv Mayhem

Say I were to run a .450 lift cam and a 12:1 compression piston I would still have to run race gas or no?

you may have to mix some in. if youre running any timing advance you will of course

with the .390 or higher do you have to do more motor work {like valves,valve springs,etc}?I know with the stage 1 you don't.is this correct?
springs are needed with the web or mega cams

Latest posts

Back