Cams???

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well should i get it? Will it help at all which bottem end? Also would this and the wiseco .20 over bore with high compression pistion a good combo for acceleration? Where will i see most my power at with this set up or is it just going to be a good all around powerd bike?

Also i need to know tonight if i should get it so get back to me, its only 150 for the cam and springs

Heres what i would be getting

cam.jpg

I dont no whats all there and what i need and if thats everything. He says its the raceing cam by web cam and it has titanium springs. And what ever is pictured. Is that everything i need?

Should i get it?

yeah i thought i would make up a little lie about getting it from my friends dads friend so nobody would go looking for it on ebay. But i guess there is more then one ebay addict on here besides me.

Also even if you didnt see it on ebay you could tell it was from there becuase of the symbol in the bottem right hand corner.

K what ever i went for it even though i dont have the money....Shhhhh i got to tell you a secret....it went on my dad card so hehehehe i dont have to pay him right now.

Well i do have the money its in my room right now im just tooooo lazy to go gather it all up.

P.S. this better be everything i need or im going to be super duper pissed.

nope im working on getting some money. I just payed off my dad 480 then the 168 for that and now i have like 10 dallors. I still owe my mom 220 for driving classes and my brother 450 for my four wheeler. So i dont think im getting that piston any time soon. Unless i can sell my snowboard or the rest of the left over parts i have from one of my 2 warriors(frame, tiers/wheeles, motor, wireing harness, then a bunch of little ****). If anyone is interested or knows where i can sell this stuff tell me.

I do but i dont really have a coice now. But i could sell this for more then i bought it if i find somthing else.

But wouldnt this cam and springs with the piston im getting going to be a good power set up? Im also throwing on a hmf slip on and a powerbomb header, and im taking off the airbox lid, and i want an edlebrock carb. Wouldnt that be a good set up for power? Where am i going to see the most of it at? Also as long as i can still go through **** loads of mud, climb hills, and fly past my friends idc where the power is at as long as i have more power then my friends stock 400ex's. Do you think this set up will let stuff i listed a lot better then stock? Where will it help the most on?

K well i got the cam in today and i have a question about some of the things. The questions are above the pictures. By the way this is a web cam with titanium race springs.

This is everything:
cam-5.jpg

Heres the cam:
cam-4.jpg

Heres the spring:
Can anyone tell if these are titanium spring or did he rip me off?
cam-3.jpg

Heres the sproket:
cam-2.jpg

What are these?
cam-1.jpg

What are these?
cam.jpg

One last question does the web cam come with a worranty becuase one of the papers say warrinty but im too lazy to read it at the time.

Also is this everything. The only thing im missing that i know of is the bolt that hold the cam to the cam sproket. Anything else missing?

I see an adjustable cam sprocket. What's the cam say on it... is there any number ground into the casting by web, there should be a grind number. It looks like he included the valve stem seals. I don't know if there new or used by that picture. I see keepers, and valve springs. I don't know if the springs are stock or not? I don't see any spring retainers (this is where it would be titanium, not valve springs) or lower collers. They don't look to be still on the valve spring? I can't tell by the pic. Is the dowl pin still in the cam? Yes it does come with a warranty but I'm not going to decribe it to you when you got the ******* papers right in front of you.

Here i hope these can help you some more. Im like engine retarded so your going to have to explain everything to me. O and thanks all i need to know is if it had a warranty i didnt need you to explain it i was just in a rush and didnt have any time to look at it but i just did. Thanks so far but heres some more pics.

Cam with this ingraved to the side, WEB 84 10-02:(sorry about the quality)
cam2.jpg

You menchioned somthing about more pics of the springs so here they are hope this can help:
cam2-1.jpg

You also sked for more stuff about the cam so i got these pics hope they can help:
cam2-2.jpg

cam2-3.jpg

If you need more pics just ask.

Also what is in the last 2 pics i first posted. You probly told me but i didnt understand most of the stuff you said. Sorry and thanks.

It looks like the only thing your missing is the lower collers that go underneath the valve springs. I see the retainers now. They look to be ti. Dowl pin is there.
1. is the valve stem seals. They go on the guide that is intalled in the head and over the valve stem of the valve sealing oil way from getting into the stem of the valve and either out the exhaust or through the intake stem and into the engine.
2. keepers. Hold the retainers on the valve stem which holds the valve springs in place.

You could use the stock collars, but the ones that are suppose to come with the kit are much thicker whick puts the correct preload on the spring. As far as using the stock cam bolt, go buy a new one from the dealer. And i know some of you guys are gonna say that you can re-use the original one. READ THE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS, IT CLEARLY RECOMMENDS YOU USE A NEW ONE.........It hasn't happened to everyone, but it can and has sheared off.

I have circled the collars which are missing. Maybe you can contact the seller and ask him where they are.

ea4b1223.jpg

This is a pic of the Alba 400 stroker kit, complete with the Kibblewhite HD spring kit ( whick is what you have, kinda)

You could use the stock collars, but the ones that are suppose to come with the kit are much thicker whick puts the correct preload on the spring. As far as using the stock cam bolt, go buy a new one from the dealer. And i know some of you guys are gonna say that you can re-use the original one. READ THE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS, IT CLEARLY RECOMMENDS YOU USE A NEW ONE.........It hasn't happened to everyone, but it can and has sheared off.

I agree with the collars put the correct pre-load on the springs and the stock ones are much thinner.
I talked to Mickey about that cam bolt.. He said every cam he's ever put in the warrior he re uses the stock cam bolt but he said you must correctly torque it. Web states that you must replace it. Well the kit from web includes the bolt. Personally my opinion I would just get a new bolt and red loc tie it.

Back