Cams and Reliabilty

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

05raptor350

Reaction score
I want to put a cam in my engine but my dad doesn't want to do any internal engine mods because he thinks it will decreas e the engine reliabilty. I think he is bs ing me because he has a built engine in his jeep that is bored out with head mods and a cam and his engine is 20 yrs old with no problems. Do you guys think that putting in a cam will decrease the reliabilty of the engine?

no it wont decreas the relibilty whart will is notmataing it right changing the oil befor it gets black and cleaning the filter at least once a month if it is muddy clean it every weekend if sandy do the same and changing the plug

no it wont decreas the relibilty whart will is notmataing it right changing the oil befor it gets black and cleaning the filter at least once a month if it is muddy clean it every weekend if sandy do the same and changing the plug

Dude, type slower!!

right^^^ and if u race your quad and beat it the reliabilty is gonna go down

When you open up the exhaust and allow the motor to breath more freely using a cam you decrease over all temperatures; this in turn actually increases reliability. The titanium/steel aftermarket components that go along with a cam are also stronger then stock IMO.

Regardless of modification(s), there is one factor that contributes to reliability- MAINTENANCE.

(IMHO)

I know about maintenance. I am putting on the oil cooler sometime this month to increase reliability. I was just wondering about the cam. Thanks Guys.

I don't think he'll have a quad anymore... :( The only thing to be concerned about with a cam installation is the valve clearance to the piston crown. All you have to do is follow the instructions and maintenance your motor on schedule and it'll run with great reliability.

Latest posts

Back