cam

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Remove cam cover, valve covers, remove timing chain tensioner, remove cam bolt & slide off cam gear & chain. Loosen, lash adjusters all the way so the rockers Will flop around. You should be down to the cam retainer that has like 2 bolts in it I think, remove the retainer. The cam itself may wanna be stubborn b/c of the bearing sticking some. If ya have to you can thread a bolt into the cam, clamp on it with a pair of vise-grips & tap on the vise grips, the cam should free up, now you'll just have to rotate it so the lobes clear as it comes out. I think I remembered it all, lol!

And be sure to have the piston at TDC. That'll put the lobes facing the bottom of the head and will be easier to pull. Just incase you didn't know.

Aw ****. I forget things all the time. Hell, my poor dad was on the phone with a new customer today (one of those types that has to give their life story along with their car's issue), and was replacing front pads and rotors on a dodge caravan. Well, the woman had him so preoccupied that he had the vehicle off the lift and realized he forgot an outer brake pad on one side. SO, back up in the air it went. Nothing worse than when you get destracted by a customer. That's agrueably the worst part about this business.

Back