Cam

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xtreemnoise

Reaction score
Anybody go with a hotter cam with no bore or stroke increase? Thinking while I have my bodywork off to drop a cam in. Have aftermarket pipe & filter now.

Yeah, people do it all the time. It won't give you the full effect until you at least get a high compression piston in there, but you'll still feel a difference. Just don't go with a real aggressive one, I'd go with a .390 Webcam and the heavy springs, should give you a nice all around gain. With the stock compression a more aggressive cam will really kill your bottom end power.

Was just looking at the Web cam site :) don't really have the cash to do a full blown upgrade now only working temp jobs. Was trying to avoid pulling head as well but looks like if your going to do it right.........

Yeah, go with the .390. I'm kinda wishin I did. Might decide to swap mine out here after a bit.

Now with 12:1 do you need to start running race fuel? I know 12.5 in a yz is still ok for premium, but this isnt a yz

Deuce said:
Now with 12:1 do you need to start running race fuel? I know 12.5 in a yz is still ok for premium, but this isnt a yz

It's debatable, 93 octane will run on a 12:1 but in my opinion they run hotter than they should that way, they definitely run better with a mix of 93 and 100 or straight 100. 11:1 is the highest I would go with straight 93.

I run my 11:1 on 93 but thinking of switching to cam2. Found out that there is a local station that sells it.

I run a mix of 93 and turbo blue in 4ooex. It has 11:5-1 compression. we use a 5gal race can and use 21/2 gals of 93 and 21/2 turbo blue and it runs awesome.

Latest posts

Back