Cam question....which one

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whatisup

Reaction score
Ok here i go....I have a 1989 warrior with the white bros r-4 exhaust, ported, mikuni 38...i think. Well at any rate when i went to install exhaust I tightened up head pipe bolts and yep broke em both, took head off (could not get em drilled out on machine, you know how that works) I So I figure I best to cam it while it's out, and possibly resleeve and piston it. I'm not sure about going bigger without stroking but more compression wouldn't be the worst thing, any suggestions would be great.

You might want to try a search. This has been asked several times in the past and there are a couple of current threads addressing this.

Unfortunately I am not in a position to answer your question, as I am currently trying to figure this out myself.

Sorry. :-/

What about megacycle?
BRAND NEW 350 WARRIOR YAMAHA BILLET CAMSHAFT BY MEGA CYCLE,CAM HAS A .450 LIFT,RANGE IS FOR MID AND TOP END,WE SHIP ANYWHERE IN THE USA,BUYER PAYS ACTUAL SHIPPING CHARGES,WE ACCEPT PAYPAL ONLY,ALL ITEMS ARE SOLD AS-IS NO WARRANTY IMPLIED.

So I have been looking. I know my cam would not make a good core I think it might be discolered and I have a chip where the sprocket goes. So it isn't in perfect condition. So I guess I will just get a brand new one not a hardweld. What are the companies that make them? Because why pay for a hardweld when I know I have to eat the core charge anyway?

Don't get the megacycle, those are for wide open and hill climb riding only, they are strictly top end cams. I would go with either the powroll midrange or one of two Web cams. As for a friction part I wouldn't use aluminum, billet or not.

Thanks for the input, at any rate i popped for the web race grind, that's what they recomended anyway. Should be here sometime next week.

Latest posts

Back