Cam needle bearing removal

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boxhead

Reaction score
Hey does anyone know where to pick up a good bearing puller set that will for sure get that little pain in the ass needle bearing out of the head? I've been looking through the stores around here and they don't have ****. I'm a little hesitant to order online since I can't really tell the dimensions on them. I've seen one pilot bearing puller that might work from harbor freight, think I'll try that one tomorrow since they have a store near me. Thanks for any info guys.

yea i never knew how to get them out. i had two of them stupid bearings fail on me in past 8 years (which just cause havoc in the whole top end), but i just had my engine shop take care of removing them (two differents shops both times) and they seemed to get it out, but i never asked them what they used. if you do find something, let us know.

Well I tried the pilot bearing puller kit from harbor freight and it pulled that dirty little bitch out on the first hit with the slide hammer. If you guys need something that'll pull most of the bearings on our quad than this is the perfect buy for you. It is a basic slide hammer but looks all chrome plated and only costs $40. It should make the process of pulling those pain in the dick swingarm pivot needle bearings waaaaaay easier. Before even attempting to remove some of these needle bearings I would strongly urge you guys to bite the bullet and pick one of these up, damn did it make things easier!

Latest posts

Back