cam for a do-it-yourselfer?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bickel76

Reaction score
how difficult is it to put in a cam? is it something that most people do on their own or do you guys have someone else do it?

yeah, we have the clymer manual. that thing was priceless when we put it back together after tearing it down to the frame.

Well with some of the higher lift cams you are required to use stiffer valvesprings. Its not the easiest of tasks to tear them out without a valvespring tool (although i did it with a C clamp and some big wrenches) But you could put a drop in cam in it, one that uses all your stock parts, aka a hotcam. I just happen to have one for sale if you would like to buy it. All you have to do is put this cam in and adjust your valves, there is already a near new cam bearing on it. So this is truely a drop in set-up. Heres my for sale post haha.

http://yfm350.proboards31.com/index.cgi?board=classifieds&action=display&thread=1142551968

Ill drop the price to 70 shipped. Thats less than 1/2 the original price especially with the 15 dollar cam bearing on it.

I've got a white brothers .390 cam thats only been used for like 1 summer. I'll sell it to ya, buy you will need stiffer valve springs.

Back