Busted myself and the warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I had an accident the other day and cliped my friend on his warrior and it threw me and my warrior into the ditch. Dislocating my hip on the left side sending me to the hospitol for afew days. On my warrior it bent my rear axle and broke a tie rod end. I wanted new tie rods and ends anyway and was gonna get some good honda style ones off of ebay. Can anyone recamend a good rear axle? I was looking at the Durablue Eliminator 2+2 axle on rockymountain. It seems to have good reveveiws, plus it is adjustable and comes with that aftermarket locknut. Thanks for the help.

cool I'll look more into that one as well.

If you want a used one, Yeoldetyme warrior had one for sell in the classifieds. I think it is a durablue eliminator 2+2.

Glad to hear you're alright bud! I know how it is to be busted up by your favorite hobby.

First off, I want to warn you DO NOT buy the honda style kits made by Tusk. Pretty much any honda style kit you see for under $150 is going to be made by tusk, whether it's advertised as that or not. I bought one of these kits off trailtracksand.com and it's definitely classic tusk quality. I think the biggest issue with the tusk tie rod ends is that they use a very cheap quality rubber for the boot, all 4 of mine were cracked within probably the first month, and from there all it takes is some water, dirt, and time before the whole set is junk.

I've had several different tie rod setups, and the one i've been most pleased with is the one I'm currently running. It uses male threaded ends similar to the stock ones, but with a 12mm stud on them instead of the stock 10mm. Just looking at the things I can tell that if I ever break one of these ends, I probably destroyed a lot of other components in the process because it'd take a big hit to do anything to these. I bought them from a seller on ebay a few months back, so i'll see if I can find you some more info.

As far as the axles go, I've heard more complaints about g-force axles than every other aftermarket axle company combined. Yes, they do have a warranty against breakage, but it's still going to mean about a month of downtime plus having to go through the trouble of removing it, shipping it out, and then installing the new one. Personally I'd rather spend another $100-150 and know i'll never have to worry about breaking it. Durablue axles have a pretty good reputation although I still have heard stories about them breaking more easily than they should have., My preference is the RPM dominator, which runs around $350 but I never heard a single complaint about them breaking too easily. That's just my opinion though and for the average rider a g-force will probably do just fine.

I think I have seen those larger tie rods and ends you are talking about, I had forgotten about them though. They will definatly go into my consideration for parts.

I've had both G-Force and Durablue and both have treated me good. Both have lifetime warranties, but the G-Force is a little cheaper. Either one in my opinion be good to you...

My co-worker is 200+lbs, and he races a yfz, he broke the stock axle, bent the durablue, and had some other axle that broke on him, now he has the g-force, and it hasn't broken or bent on him yet. and he's not a gentle rider, two years ago he would've qualified for Xgames, but he bogged down in some sand, this last summer he came in second at gavity park, he's siezed his motor up several times, has tons of money put into and has it all done out to race, and he built a track in his backyard. i haven't really researched axles much, but this is one experience i've heard about the g-force. The choice is yours in wat you choose in the end.

looks like I'm gonna go with the G force or durablue axle depending on how money comes and the 12mm tierods and ends. and hopefully I can get some before and after pics and some decent picks showing my aftermarket and custom parts.

Haven't been on here in a while but I'll throw in my .02 anyways. I've had G-Force and Durablue and honestly the G-Force was every bit as decent as the Durablue. Both were raced XC on and held up pretty damn good. For the money G-Force can't be beat, but like anything else you clip that one tree wrong, or land something wrong, and it's going to bend. Without some serious abuse it should hold up fine.

Oh and sorry to hear about your accident man, get better soon.....

I dont know anything about the durablue but if it doesnt have a warranty i woudnt get it because all axles will bend eventualy ive even bent a couple but the g-force has a warranty and my friend loves it he already had to send it in from clipping a tree and they fixed for free.

I love my lonestar, I've landed so sideways I've looked like I was riding a dirtbike on occasion, and its still holding in strong. My old durablue on my warrior took one hell of a beating and is still kickin. I guess I like my lonestar more because it has more shine to it lol.

yeah i have a lonestar dominator +2 and its perfect for me. thats all the wider i need it even with the +2 arms. and ive beeten the **** out ot it. ran into **** and over ****, land hard what not and its still perfect.

Latest posts

Back