Breaking up in top end but only after a while of riding???

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beamesy7

Reaction score
Im running a .040 wiseco piston, k&n filter with a 2x4" air box mod, im running a 47.5 pilot & a 155 main, what the hell is going on, am I STILL too LEAN? Header glows a bit but only if im on it in sixth gear... Confused. Let me tell ya what though, call me mr. jeckle or mr. hyde, bc I have created a f*cking monster, she is snappy as hell, and will pull on your shoulder sockets like all hell, but after a while of riding she breaks up if you get on it.... Obviously heat is the main issue but why???? Should I up my main one more step or idek... Help.... I dont want to hurt my fresh rebuild....

Do a WOT plug chop. You probably need to go bigger on the main, but, chop chop! lol

yeah i would say you are too lean, im running a 155 main with a stock airbox... i never really believed in modding airboxs, but its your baby haha

A plug chop is simply cutting the threads from a plug to inspect the color of the porcelain. I personally think it's a waste of time to cut it apart when I can clearly look at the plug and see what I want to see.
and still have a usable plug lol

Latest posts

Back