Break in Top End

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nukacola

Reaction score
Long time no see guys.

Well I got a new top end, stock bore, stock piston, the ebay top end kit that goes for about $240.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251461825430?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Wanted to have valve adjustment done, my buddy that was doing the work said my cylinder was bored to the max and the piston was actually rattling a little inside the cylinder.

Anyway, the work is done. New cylinder/piston. Valves been adjusted. New o-rings and gaskets where they were needed. Whole new top end.

I'm going by a top end break in like this so far. Start it up, let it idle for a minute or so. Then ride it lightly varying the engine speed no more than half throttle usually quarter throttle for 10 minutes. Let it rest for 30 minutes to cool down.

I've done this 4 times so far. Total maybe an hour driving with less than 1/2 throttle.

Problem is Clymer manual says to do this for 600 miles....600 miles? Are you kidding me? I got riding to do this weekend. Some say online 1 tank of fuel you're good, some say 2.

I don't know what to do. I want the engine to last as long as possible. Please help???

Just change the oil and run it. It will break in while you ride normally. Just don't go super hard on it.

Yea def change the oil & like Alex said; don't go crazy. I went half throttle thru all the gears for a tank of gas. Changed oil; did it again half throttle; all gears thru another tank of gas. Changed oil again; and then rode her like hell. All good..

Btw..change the oil filter too when u do the oil changes. It will look a bit like a crystal ball. Change that **** too. After third oil change; you will stop seeing the Lil shavings

Latest posts

Back