break in period for cam chain?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hashish420

Reaction score
should i be doing some sort of break in period to a brand new chain? I didn't even think about it till mid ride today.

thanks. kind of figured, so i didn't stop myself from having fun

i'm so not used to hearing the engine without a timing chain slap that I find it sounds extremely tight.I figure its the chain rubbing the guides but ill post this in case someone chimes in on something i did wrong... Never changed a timing chain before so im not sure how tight it should be or if i should hear it at all.Will post a video after it stops raining of it running at idle not sure if the video will pick up on it.

I have a bad habbit of hearing every little tick and noise then thinking i did something wrong.

so i set the valve clearance for stock cam im guessing thats the noise im hearing.anyone know what stock clearance is for stage 1 HC ?

ok will give er a try in the next few days thanks again

ok so turns out i have .03 and .05 but no .04mm feeler.Is it ok to assume i can ride it for a week or so the way it is with causing damage? I've been waiting for weeks to go out for a real ride but dont want to cause damage to the cam or head.

ordered a new feeler set as min has fallen apart and is missing half the feelers

Latest posts

Back