Brake pads don't last

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunkmd

Reaction score
I need brake pads every couple of months(09 450 wolverine). I do ride through a lot of mudd but its a little ridiculous. I guess its the nature of disc brakes in mudd. What are the longest lasting brake pads? I would rather have drums. My other bike(02 Honda recon) has drums and I never have problems. Does somebody make a conversion?

You dont want drums, trust me. Obviously there is something wrong that is causing them to wear fast.

Did you check the rotor? Is it warped or gouged?

Ive always had problems with my brake pads. Even ebc didnt last.

Sorry I did not reply back sooner. I'm trying the severe duty EBC brakes when this extra set wears down. The brakes are not dragging and the rotors seem to be ok. I'm no machanic by any means. I ride with a guy that has a 350 wolverine and he burns through pads also. I have been using the cheap to mid priced pads but I'm going to break down and buy the pricier ones next time.

The rear brakes on quads usually don't last very long anyways. Everyone I know replaces their rear pads much more often than fronts. You have to think that there are 2 calipers up front and only 1 in the rear so it takes more of a beating.

Back