Bogs on whoops

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bloodbath74

Reaction score
After too many problems with the edelbrok I sent it back and exchanged for some other goodies. I went back to stock and rejetted and now for the most part the bike runs great. The problem lies when I hit the whoops and the bike bogs down but snaps right back when I let off and then hit it again so long as I don't hammer so hard through them. I used the FMF jet kit and followed their directions. I have a Ti 4 pro-circuit pipe and a K&N air filter with a solid air box lid. I still need to go up one on my pilot to richen it a little but doubt that to be the problem as I am off the low circuit when it happens. The only other thing that I can think of is fuel sloshing up through the main jet when hitting the whoops or a good bump. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Do you have the little plastic thing that goes around the main jet? It keeps fuel from sloshing around too much right under the main jet.

Well the shitty thing about jet kits like that is it uses smaller jets than stock, and tells you to just throw away the slosh plate. That's stupid, because the slosh plate does serve a purpose, as you are finding out now.

The stock carb is flawed to begin with, and without that slosh plate it's going to bog no matter what. So with those smaller dynojet jets, the slosh plate isn't going to do you any good. Basically the only solution I see is to get the equivalent size mikuni jet so that the slosh plate can be used. (don't forget that dynojet and mikuni use different sizing scales so a 136 dj isn't going to be the same as a 136 mikuni.

He said he used the FMF jet kit, are those Mikuni or Dynojet jets?

And yea, don't even talk to me about Dynojet, utter useless trash. Not only do they use a completely different sizing scale, their needle doesn't work with Mikuni jets and vice-versa. I had to figure that out from experience, wasn't pleasant.

Dynojet, moose, fmf, etc are all the exact same jet kits with a different name on them, so they are dynojets. The only jet kit that I know of that uses the mikuni jets is the GYT-R kit.

Come to think of it I do not remember the slosh plate being in there. I got the bike used and the guy that had it before me butchered the hell out of the bike. I had to replace the main wire harness and fix the bypasses that he made on the controls. I went to replace the rear bearings and found that the spacer was not there. The guy was a complete idiot and now that I think about it he tried the same jet kit that I have in it now then went back to the stock. I never gave thought to the plate. I will check it out today after I go riding and let you know whether or not it is there or not.

YamaRider said:
Dynojet, moose, fmf, etc are all the exact same jet kits with a different name on them, so they are dynojets. The only jet kit that I know of that uses the mikuni jets is the GYT-R kit.

I have the GYT-R kit and it has worked perfect for me. The bike has never bogged yet.

Latest posts

Back