bogged down

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockyrider

Reaction score
I am thrilled to find this site. I am looking for an answer without spending hundreds at a shop. I just bought a '97 Wolverine a couple of months ago and it appears to be missing quite a bit of power. When going up hills it will completly bogg out and stop. If I jump off after the bike stops it will slowly start climbing again. It even has a Supertrap Pipe and a K&N Air Filter. It should have more power. I have riden other 350cc machines and they seem to have tones mor power. I am tired of pushing the thing up hills. Someone please help.

rockyrider said:
I am thrilled to find this site. I am looking for an answer without spending hundreds at a shop. I just bought a '97 Wolverine a couple of months ago and it appears to be missing quite a bit of power. When going up hills it will completly bogg out and stop. If I jump off after the bike stops it will slowly start climbing again. It even has a Supertrap Pipe and a K&N Air Filter. It should have more power. I have riden other 350cc machines and they seem to have tones mor power. I am tired of pushing the thing up hills. Someone please help.

i would start with a compression test first see if the motor is just old and tired....change the plug, clean out the carb ...... i would bet you have low compression.....

I suspected so, though I am no mechanic. I will start there. Thank you.

Back