Bog down or cut out when hammering down to full throttle.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dusty84

Reaction score
I searched and read the FAQs and couldn't find anything. If this is in another thread, then my apologies.
Waiting on parts and cleaning up my new to me 2000 Warrior. It runs like a top but if I hit full throttle hard from idle it bogs or dies if I don't let off :tdown: If I roll into it it is fine. I do not have an air filter yet. There is a box, just no filter.

Last edited:
I did the carb mod and got my filter in. Didn't really help the bog but it turns out it's not a big deal. Rarely do I need to smash on the throttle from a lug or idle speed.
New problem though. Throttle stuck about three times in four hours of riding. Any of y'all think that valve cap is causing that? Or maybe I just need a new cable?

I did the carb mod and got my filter in. Didn't really help the bog but it turns out it's not a big deal. Rarely do I need to smash on the throttle from a lug or idle speed.
New problem though. Throttle stuck about three times in four hours of riding. Any of y'all think that valve cap is causing that? Or maybe I just need a new cable?

Clean the throttle linkage and get a nice Motion Pro cable.

Valve cap has been known to split sometimes and make the throttle stick occasionally.
It'd be worth it to check it.

Latest posts

Back