blue smoke

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chad021

Reaction score
so i finally got home from vacation (1 week) and took the warrior out. When I really gunned it I noticed this nasty patch of smoke coming out of my exhaust. Whats wrong? I know this is not a good sign.

If it's blue and smelly then it's probably oil burning which most likely means yours piston rings are shot!

yes! now I have an excuse to rebuild the top end! problem is I have no money. But my real question is why would this problem come up so suddenly, last time I rode it before I went on vacation there was no trace ofsmoke, and now I started it about a week later its happening.

Is it smoking all the time? Or does it stop as it gets hotter and you ride? When motors with high hours on them sit oil seaps past areas that otherwise would go unnoticed when used all the time.

Normally it hasn't smoked before until I let it sit, and usually it doesn't sit for more than 2-3 days at a time. And I havn't been able to really run it yet except around my yard and through my subdivision. It only smokes when I really lay on the throttle, and even then there is only little puffs of smoke before I shift. From a different site I was looking at they said it was a sign of bad valve seals. Could this be the problem? Flyinacez suggested the rings too which would make sense but could it be my valves also?

could be both change em both while u have it torn down that what i did it only costed me like 60 dollars to do the rebuild i bought gaskets valve seals and rings and did all the work myself includeing honeing ext

Latest posts

Back