blown head gasket

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

verndawg

Reaction score
my warrior just took a **** the head gasket blowed on me so i got pissed at it and kick the fender and broke them and called my causen and said to him give me 350 dollars it is all yours so my warrior will be leaving 12 hours sence im selling it for a low price im putting some junk parts on it and keeping the parts i need for the other warrior i am getting

Did you replace any gaskets when you rebuilt it and bore'd it over?

It could be thatUr head bolts are strecked you need new ones they say they are torqued or there is oil or some liquid in the bolt holes

It could be thatUr head bolts are strecked you need new ones they say they are torqued or there is oil or some liquid in the bolt holes

the head bolts are new the oil just comes tight out around head it sucks air in by head it will start but it take like 2mins of the engine turning over then it will start and when i give it the gas you can hear it is sucking the air then if i let out of the gas it will idle really slow then just shut off

check the bolt holes to make sure thay are clean cuz if not you can never get it tight all the way. but it sounds like a warped head, did you pull it off hot?

Thought the manual says that the torque spec for the head bolts is somewhere between 23-29 lbs. I cant remember exactly, I think I put mine just about at 29-30lbs

Thought the manual says that the torque spec for the head bolts is somewhere between 23-29 lbs. I cant remember exactly, I think I put mine just about at 29-30lbs
could that be my problem why im blowing head gaskets is by torking them to 40 pounds or is there any thing else i can check to see wat is making them blow head gaskets

i got the shop to put my sleeves in im about to get two head gaskets and put them on at the same time so i know they wont blown
just cause the shop put it in doesn't mean it's right. If you cna hook it at all with your fingernail it's probably not pressed in all the way

just cause the shop put it in doesn't mean it's right. If you cna hook it at all with your fingernail it's probably not pressed in all the way
should i pull my head off to see to make sure it did not warp any thing i know my jug i used a cork gasket i dont know it that is the problem with the cork gasket for the jug

Back