Blaster

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwalk1818

Reaction score
Well I sold the warrior and I got a 2000 blaster in real good shape does anyone on here know where i can find a messageboard or some good information?

Well I sold the warrior and I got a 2000 blaster in real good shape does anyone on here know where i can find a messageboard or some good information?

tisk tisk tisk....

why the hell would anybody in their right mind do something like that? You got a lot of balls (or more likely, you're not all there in the head) to post a question like that here...

WarriorSP33d350 wayyy to steal my line Not Tying your Chin strap is just like using a condom with a hole in it.. its just not safe..

So.....you decided to go for slower, less reliable, no reverse and kick start all rolled up in one package?????

So.....you decided to go for slower, less reliable, no reverse and kick start all rolled up in one package?????

Its not really the best trade but i wouldnt go as far as less reliable and saying kickstart is bad.

I find two strokes far above 4 strokes in reliabilty, but 2 strokes have a different type of maitenence than a 4 stroke.

Not to mention a Blaster can be damn fast with a couple hundred dollars in it.

I find two strokes far above 4 strokes in reliabilty, but 2 strokes have a different type of maitenence than a 4 stroke.

HA! I gotta disagree on that one. I'm trying to think of a reliable 2 stroke. Any. And nothing comes to mind. Maybe it's just my location (I doubt it), but most of the 2 stroke quads around here spend most of their time sitting in the back of the garage, in non-running condition. My cousin had a suzuki quadracer for 2 years now. I bet that thing might have been ridable about 1/8th of that time. The rest of the time was spent trying to locate parts that haven't been in production for 20 years. At any given time, about half of the quads sitting at the local shop for repairs are 2 strokes, and only about 1 in 6 quads in the area are 2 smokes. Doesn't really scream reliability to me.

Not to mention a Blaster can be damn fast with a couple hundred dollars in it.

it takes more than a couple hundred to make a blaster what I would consider "fast". And then even if it's quick in a straight line, it's still to tiny to ride comforably, the brakes really don't make the quad slow down at all, and they ride so bumpy and bouncy that they might as well not have any shocks at all.

[quote:zsz18qyz]

HA! I gotta disagree on that one. I'm trying to think of a reliable 2 stroke. Any. And nothing comes to mind. Maybe it's just my location (I doubt it), but most of the 2 stroke quads around here spend most of their time sitting in the back of the garage, in non-running condition. My cousin had a suzuki quadracer for 2 years now. I bet that thing might have been ridable about 1/8th of that time. The rest of the time was spent trying to locate parts that haven't been in production for 20 years. At any given time, about half of the quads sitting at the local shop for repairs are 2 strokes, and only about 1 in 6 quads in the area are 2 smokes. Doesn't really scream reliability to me.[/quote:zsz18qyz]

But you arent looking at facts, 70% of the people who ride quads dont know an airfilter from a spark plug, and 2 strokes require someone with skill and experience.

They have way less moving parts, and are way simpler to navigate through.

And another fact is a quad racer is 20 years old, and that way too long for technology, new 2 strokes are far beyond the 2 strokes of old. The new motors are way more reliable and pump way more horsepower compared to the old ones.

nonetheless four strokes will never match the revs or power of a of an equal cc 2 stroke, its 100% impossible. I dont care what you say or think its completely and totally impossible. If you think you can proove me wrong go for it but you wont.

But thats all beside the point. Nobody actually knows why the man traded, his warrior may have been junk, who knows.

The man wants sites for information. So give them to him

well considering i traded a shitty ticking warrior for a good running stock blaster hmm seems ok with me considering Im getting old and a 200 cc is ok with me and my sotck blaster is all i need lol. Thanks for all those that gave help!

If your talking about the valves ticking in the warrior all of them do it. Some more then others. Mine sounds horrible even after I adjust them to spec.

Correct me if thats not what your talking about.

Pipe, jet, filter, reeds. That's what I had done to my Blaster about 8 years ago. I would spank my neighbors bone stock Warrior any day. That's a couple hundred bucks. The thing ways what, 75lbs less than a Warrior??? I may be a little off, but I'm pretty sure that's about right. I woudn't personally want one now, but I still don't consider them junk.

Anyways, if someone hasn't already said it, try www.projectblaster.com

I dont think a blaster is junk either. Just a toy. Fun to play with for a bit and then go riding. My Lt 250r will spank any blaster or has any I have come across anyway and still, I pull it off the trailer to tool around a bit between rides or then I go and really ride! My brother has a blaster with a vito 240 kit and he likes to "play" with it and the ride his z400. And for the record my "20 some yr old" lt250r still beats the 240 blaster! Blasters can be fun but I don't see an even trade off.......

Latest posts

Back