bike problems!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BornWithNoBrains

Reaction score
my 02 warrior will idle but not stay running, also when u give it gas it shuts off, the carb is cleaned so its not that, also the colenoid is clicking sometimes?

did you check the float height on the carb when you cleaned it? and make sure the float valve isnt sticking or hanging up slightly in the seat?

also pull the fuel line off the carb and put it in a water bottle and turn the fuel valve on, let it fill up the bottle then shut off, if there is little to no flow you either have a clogged screen on your tank valve, or a clog on the line, or possibly a bad gas tank cab check valve not letting air enter the tank as the level drops.

dude my battery was pouring acid out the side...but its a new battery?? what do i do ? i put my old one on charge...also the one that leaked acid out the side was running but then it wouldnt start ill post a vid

would a bad battery like that..let it idle but not run....it would let my bike idle but when i gave it gas it would die? please help trying to ride tomorrow!

when you give it gas the accelerator pump kicks in so my guess is your spring is worn out or your accelerator pump is stuck or getting stuck

my dad said that can be it...he said he thought it was the battery because it wouldnt hold a charge....and it was running so the carb isnt dirty....its crazy, i have to jump the colenoid to start it and it will idle soft, almoast like it has no compression but i gave it gas and she fired up for a few seconds then she shut off again? ill post a vid soon its uploading....

That's what my bike was doing. The accelerator pump was sticking because the stock spring was too weak so I got a clicker pen spring and put that in there works like a charm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7v5R7COAbY skip to 2:19 in the video..this is me 2 minutes ago....i got it started...somewhat working fine...but then it just crapped on me and it acted like it was flooded....listen to the bike when im trying to start it....it will start but it will just idle ...and sometimes it wont start

also everytime i got it started like at 2:19 i had to keep the rpms up or it would die...but now it wont start

lol.....im 16 by myself and my dad isnt going to be home til tomorrow, and im supposed to ride at yellow crick tomorrow

im 16 too just pull the carb apart and clean all of the orfices and clean uot the jets holes and set your float height and she should run like a dream and also is your air filter clean? and how old is the plug?

the plug and air filter is good...i cleaned out the carb with carb cleaner and the 155 jet was clean? set my float? i know the pilot and main jet thats it lol

thats all their is just pull the carb apart and replace the accelerator pump spring with a clicker pen sprin and make sure the pump goes up and down freely

Latest posts

Back