Big problems.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yamafreak

Reaction score
So my 88 is sick. I went from no lid to a clamp on filter. And she wouldn't run so I went to basic carb tuning and she started and ran. So I burbed the gas and she went snap, followed by a big rattle and died. I'm thinking broken timing chain and /or valve. It's not seized and pulls smoothly. But she won't start. Idk. Ideas

Possibly sheared the keyway for the flywheel. Check to see if your flywheel spins when you turn the motor over...

I felt the motor open the exhaust valve because I have a pull start. I didn't feel the intake open up but I did pull quick enough to pass that. I hear compression. I know I have alot of testing to go thru.

I will say if I have to do the valves. I will tear the motor apart and rebuild it. New everything on a 30 year old machine will not hurt one bit.

I would see what in the valve train is moving, and start there. Sounds like you'll be tearing it apart to find the issue

Latest posts

Back