BIG BORE KITS!!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adam4by4

Reaction score
Which one do you have and was it worth it? Please chime in everyone! Also what was the price after all parts/machining needed? I got about $850 to blow on a kit I ordered one yesterday but the place said 8 weeks for turn around. I could build a steam engine with the same power in that amount of time!(joke) Also what have you beat in a drag race after the kit was installed?

All you need is a cam, piston, springs, gaskets. Even with the bore job it shouldn't be near to the amount of money you can spend. A wet nitrous kit runs for 550 on the other hand, much more bang for the buck!!! ;D ;D ;D

►366cc Big Bore Kit

Includes piston, rings, pin & clips
$185

►435cc/446cc Big Bore Stroker Kit

Includes piston, rings, pin & clips, sleeve, head gasket and stroked crank.

(Strokercrank is on customer's core)
$649

►Cam (*=exchange on stock cam)
$165*

►Valve Springs
$95

►Clutch Springs
$20

►Oil Cooler kit
$95

Those are the current prices from the Four Stroke Tech website on thier strokers/big bore kits, check them out.
http://www.fourstroketech.net/
I'm not sure if the 446 kit would be up for the rigors of a wet shot, or any even a dry shot (if they are available) of nitrous. But undoubtably the 446 kit would yeild some big results, not sure how it would stack up to a shot of nitrous though...
~Bill

The problem with strokers is they don't rev up nearly as quickly and they tend to not like going much over 9000 revs. That's why I would rather build the motor as tough as I can with the stock bore and run a larger shot of nitrous. With the nos you'll get a **** ton of torque and the motor will rev through gears about as fast as you can shift. My friend is running the dry boondocker on his z and he can't keep the front end down with his weight over the bars. The wet kits such as the NX one hit much harder and are a bit safer as well. Many of the trails I ride are fairly tight so I want the power to be there only when I want it, such as on hillclimbs and long straights, that's why I went down this road. A sleeper motor is a nice thing to have. The 400 strokers out there don't even need a new clutch, so unless you have quite a bit of wear on it I wouldn't bother to spend the money on it.

I've been toying around with the nitrous idea for a while, but what do you do to get your bottles filled up? I know most drag strips have filling stations, but there's none close to me since the last one closed.

Look for any high performance store for parts they will have or know someone close that has it!

What about the alba 400 kit?? And if I order a kit does the cylinder need to be bored or do I need to have the piston resleved or is it the stroked crank that the extra displacement comes from?

It's a bore and stroke, I don't believe they resleeve the cylinder.

Back