bicycles

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warriorspeed350

Reaction score
have any of you guys done a restoration on a biceycle?

im thinking/planning on re'doing my yellow mongoose pro sniper

paint.....good question

frame: black
Forks: either red or blue (havent made up mind)
pegs: red or blue
rims: black or red
bars: gonna buy new style and shorten them but paint either red/black or blue/black
crank arms: red or blue

new break lever and cables (cant pull due to mud bogging)
metal petals (black)
cutting front brakes off
replacing all bearings
new tires and tubes

and i believe thats all, i figured the bike is getting crappy and can use a restoration (verry fast bike, but on the heavy side)

it shouldent cost over 60 dollars

thats what happens when you dont use clearcoat
000_0372.jpg

000_0371.jpg

bent/rusty rims poped tire and missing masterling on the chain
000_0370.jpg

i was thinking about it but thats nothing special, i wanna photoshop it , ill work with it and try some stuff out

hey on the handle bars,my freind got some cheap dirt bike handle bars and mounted on his.it looks pretty cool

Personally i like it just the way it is haha, replace what needs replaced if you ask me and put the other money in quad parts. Reapint the chipped up stuff maybe.

jst get some spray paint and paint it the color you want,then waste your money on the quad

its a mongoose... dont waste any more money than you already did. get a better bike if you don't like what you have.

its a mongoose... dont waste any more money than you already did. get a better bike if you don't like what you have.

i do like what i have and it just needs some tlc, and i bet if i painted it and took a pic you would be like "sick bike dude" you wouldent even know it was a mongoose, and back when i got it they were the ****

whell, after i got home from summer school (10:45) i went job searching which was done by 11:00 and cody came over and we started the teardown, tearing it down and taking all the stickies off took 1 hour and this is how she sits

000_0376.jpg

000_0375.jpg

000_0374.jpg

000_0373.jpg

[quote:0fv9hqyn]you could probably buy one of them brand new for about $20 more.

bullcrap, there is no mongoose pro for less than 100 dollars, ask my dad how much it was, im sure it was over 200[/quote:0fv9hqyn]

MY mongoose outerlimit was 99.99 back in the day and it was by far one of the lightest bikes ive ever ridden haha.

[quote:w30y1wim]its a mongoose... dont waste any more money than you already did. get a better bike if you don't like what you have.

i do like what i have and it just needs some tlc, and i bet if i painted it and took a pic you would be like "sick bike dude" you wouldent even know it was a mongoose, and back when i got it they were the ****[/quote:w30y1wim]

How old is the bike, I never really followed mongoose, but i know bikes like Schwinn have sold out to retail stores such as K-Mart and Target after they where really decent bikes. I used to follow and was starting to gettin into riding BMX but no one around here really rides.

Posted by warriorspeed350 on Jul 10, 2006, 7:38pm
have any of you guys done a restoration on a biceycle?

Yeah I've done a few, and have 2 on the go now, take a look at the pics...........quite sexy if i may say so myself ;D

100_1396.jpg

100_1394.jpg

CHOPPER.jpg

the yellow bike is a 1971 Supercycle Cougar
the orange one is a 1968 CCM Charger ("Duomatic" edition)

I've got another bannana seat chopper and a motocross styled bike in the works right now, both from 1973-75

so......you know who to ask for tips and such

[quote:ys6kdldc]

i do like what i have and it just needs some tlc, and i bet if i painted it and took a pic you would be like "sick bike dude" you wouldent even know it was a mongoose, and back when i got it they were the ****

How old is the bike, I never really followed mongoose, but i know bikes like Schwinn have sold out to retail stores such as K-Mart and Target after they where really decent bikes. I used to follow and was starting to gettin into riding BMX but no one around here really rides.[/quote:ys6kdldc]

its about three years old now

Latest posts

Back