Best way to patch/plug a tire (sidewall)?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xJoey Dubsx

Reaction score
Got a pair of really good looking Rzr 2's with my red quad when I bought it... Put the tires on the rear rims of my blue Warrior, and one of them has a hole in the sidewall.
What is the best way to go about fixing it?
Patch?
Plug?
Old tires, including one of the fronts had plugs all over the sidewalls and rest of the tires....
Any help is appreciated!

I didn't know you could plug a sidewall, but if your old ones had them all over I would give it a try then use some green slime

I pinched a hole in the sidewall of my left Dunlop KT 331 front tire on some big rocks back in the summer and the plug is still holding.

Plug it up. Cheapest and best way to do it. If it s decent sized hole, double plug it and use a lot of that goo. You should see my front tires....hahahah.

Plug it up. Cheapest and best way to do it. If it s decent sized hole, double plug it and use a lot of that goo. You should see my front tires....hahahah.

Yup, that's the way to do it. My old '90 Kawasaki Bayou is still running the OEM tires and most of the remaining tread is actually the plugs that are sticking out. :haha:

Latest posts

Back