Best way to improve performance

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xwarriorrider69x

Reaction score
I want to know the most effective and least expensive way to improve the speed, power, stablity and overall look of my atv

Well first of all Welcome to the site
second u could probaly go with tires for what sutes ur needs
Third u could get a Pipe,Filter and then jets it

Well first of all Welcome to the site
second u could probaly go with tires for what sutes ur needs
Third u could get a Pipe,Filter and then jets it

Bingo!

1)cdi box 2) pipe 3)take lid off air box 4)jets 5)flip front wheels

wtf, cdi box?? thats one of the last first mods id tell someone to do, they dont really do anything and only help if you have a modded motor,

the stock ignition is fine...

flip the front and rear rims first!! get your self some holeshots (xcr/ hd). your bike will not only look great, but handle like a widened mx bike. you might need to have flush stems installed for the front. they are cheap and help dramatically.

next set yourself up with some bars to make it more comfortable... unless you have allready done this, the stock bars definatly hurt your ergos. for me this is more important than power; feeling comfortable on the quad.

next a slip on pipe will do the trick. open your airbox lid up, or drill holes an inch wide and cover them with panty hos. if your not comfortable with this easy mod, purchase an ehs lid that allready has an outerwera installed in it!

as far as getting- 4 strokes need fuel and air to perform better. richer jets will accomadate that slip on perfectly. the bike might run strong without taking the lid off if that is one of your concerns. you also might not have to jet....but taking the warrior lid off and adding a pipe will throw you off!!

get your self a pro design intake kit.. i perfer the foam just because it protects better and flows neraly as much air as a k&n. noss machine also has a great deal for 70 bucks on a uni kit with flange!

the stock header flows great but a full system couldn't hurt it as well. i reccomend an fmf header with an hmf slip on, or the same header with an fmf powercore silencer. both systems impressed me very much, and i wasn't dissapointed.

your total is cheap to have a well rounded warrior.

flush valve stems- 8 bucks max
itp holeshot hd/xcr- 230
pro design foam intake kit with flange- 80 noss machine kit w/ uni - 70
tag x5 bars- 70 protaper SE bars- 60 (both great quality but i perfer pro taper)
spider grips (amazing proven grips)- 17 bucks
hmf slip on powdercoated any way you like or just aluminum- 210-230
145 and 147 main jets/ one step up on pilot (i believe 50?)- 10 bucks

all together with flipped rims, new fresh tires, a slip on, pro flow kit, bars, grips, and jetting.. you are looking at around 600 bucks!! thats more than enough to get some grunt out of that warrior. and make it look good too.

-ant

1)cdi box 2) pipe 3)take lid off air box 4)jets 5)flip front wheels

#1 is one of the MOST last things you would need to do to the motor

the stock ignition is fine...

flip the front and rear rims first!! get your self some holeshots (xcr/ hd). your bike will not only look great, but handle like a widened mx bike. you might need to have flush stems installed for the front. they are cheap and help dramatically.

next set yourself up with some bars to make it more comfortable... unless you have allready done this, the stock bars definatly hurt your ergos. for me this is more important than power; feeling comfortable on the quad.

next a slip on pipe will do the trick. open your airbox lid up, or drill holes an inch wide and cover them with panty hos. if your not comfortable with this easy mod, purchase an ehs lid that allready has an outerwera installed in it!

as far as getting- 4 strokes need fuel and air to perform better. richer jets will accomadate that slip on perfectly. the bike might run strong without taking the lid off if that is one of your concerns. you also might not have to jet....but taking the warrior lid off and adding a pipe will throw you off!!

get your self a pro design intake kit.. i perfer the foam just because it protects better and flows neraly as much air as a k&n. noss machine also has a great deal for 70 bucks on a uni kit with flange!

the stock header flows great but a full system couldn't hurt it as well. i reccomend an fmf header with an hmf slip on, or the same header with an fmf powercore silencer. both systems impressed me very much, and i wasn't dissapointed.

your total is cheap to have a well rounded warrior.

flush valve stems- 8 bucks max
itp holeshot hd/xcr- 230
pro design foam intake kit with flange- 80 noss machine kit w/ uni - 70
tag x5 bars- 70 protaper SE bars- 60 (both great quality but i perfer pro taper)
spider grips (amazing proven grips)- 17 bucks
hmf slip on powdercoated any way you like or just aluminum- 210-230
145 and 147 main jets/ one step up on pilot (i believe 50?)- 10 bucks

all together with flipped rims, new fresh tires, a slip on, pro flow kit, bars, grips, and jetting.. you are looking at around 600 bucks!! thats more than enough to get some grunt out of that warrior. and make it look good too.

-ant
never heard of the panty hose, sounds like itd work, thats a good start also, good job onthe review(or whatever you call it lol) ant.

I would asssume if ya hit it hard enough with water you would get some in there.........I drill xome in the bottom to let it out..............

I never got enough in there to shut it down on me.............

I used one of those green scuffy scuffy pads on the lid and holes in my air box and hot melt glued them on the inside..................there totaly breathable and ya can clean them while washing, without the fear of rippen them. Oh and there thick enough to disperse hard splashing water..............

joe....i dont have mine on and i ride in the creek with corey i have gotten water in but never enugh to do any damage

Back