best trail tires

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gluefingers

Reaction score
I need some advice on rear tires for a Warrior. I know from what I've read that the Maxxis Razr2's seem to be the way to go. All I do is trail ride in pretty flat terrain, river banks and ravines. I found two different types of mud tires on ebay right now and wanted to know which was the better set? I seem to be leaning towards the Venom Vee's just because they are less aggressive and more like the Razr2's.
Thanks for any input!

venon vee
http://www.ebay.com/itm/291515539642?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

maxxis mud bug

http://www.ebay.com/itm/371398963849?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Those maxxis mud bugs wont fit on your warrior. They are way to big and use the wrong size rim. The venom vee is a good tire. Check out GBC XC MASTER tires. They are a copy of the maxxis razr 2 but are much cheaper

If you ask me for the best trail tires... I definitely vote for ITP Quad Cross XC or Holeshot GNCC. The only thing I don't like is the price!

Those maxxis mud bugs wont fit on your warrior. They are way to big and use the wrong size rim. The venom vee is a good tire. Check out GBC XC MASTER tires. They are a copy of the maxxis razr 2 but are much cheaper
I second GBC.

ITP GNCC, superb tire. The ARTRAX MX has done well on my ATC350X. They are 4 ply.

I vote Kenda Bear claws in 22x12x9. They are great in snow, mud, sand, even down the road they are quiet. They ride good too.

They are also 6 ply

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I went ahead and bought the Venom Vee's. I wouldn't mind upgrading the fronts. Any tips. I primarily trail ride. Thanks gents!

Maxxis Razr 2 or GBC XC Master is the best front tire for the trails imo. Look at any of the XC racers, almost all of them run that tire.

I have ran every top name tire made over the years and have found that Maxxis Razrs 6 plys grooved are top notch for woods/trails. My favorite personally are ITP GNCC's but they wear faster than I like, Vee Rubbers are top notch tires, I have only had one set but they was legit, solid tires. ITP quadcross XC's are badass tires I love em. Now as stated by other members the ol GBC's these tires are great overall solid 10/10 tire and price. last month in ohio I watched a brand new set get 3 holes in them from Wellsville so they have some flaws but if you run tireblocks or balls these tires are superb. Good choice on the Vee rubbers!!! wait and see in 5 years if they aint the top tire, already this year more pros and pro ams have switched to Vee's and GBCs, and you still have the top pros running ITP;s and Maxxis but to each their own. Good thread.

Has anyone ran or heard anything about maxxis razr cross are they good ,bad cause i found rear dwt beadlocks with them on for 200

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a dedicated MX tire. I don't know how well it would perform in the trails...

Latest posts

Back