best trail riding rear skid

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbking321

Reaction score
whats the best resonably priced Swingarm skidplate for trail riding? picstures of them mounted would be great too

My friend has a GYTR on his 700. The swinger skid weighs like 288,584,928lbs! But man, it sure is thick!

I like Duners Sprocket and rotor guard!

but on a side note, PRM makes some killer stuff.

I couldn't find the skid plates on vitos website

x2 for PRM. I personally dont have one on my bike but ive seen them and havent ever heard a bad review of there products. One peice of advice is dont worry about weight. The thicker the skid the better and if possible you definately want one that covers the shock linkage.

Also just a suggestion plate the bottom of the high impact areas under the sprocket and rotor with 1/8inch or thicker steel plate and it really helps keep them from getting torn up on the rocks. I have one skid that was on the quad since new in 96 untill last year and although its trashed it still can protect the sprocket and rotor even though they wore through the aluminum to the steel from getting bent.

I have that AC one in the second link. It is pretty decent. The sides were bent upwards a little when I got it. A little work with a rubber hammer and a two by four and it is back to normal. I also had to cut a little notch toward the front to be able to grease the lower shock link. Not a big deal though if you have access to a die grinder and an aluminum burr.

Ok here you go. Keep in mind the tire size is 22 x 11 9 so a shorter tire will give you less. When I had the Bazooka 20's on there, I got high centered a few times in the trails. I also blasted and painted the thing with Duplicolor spray bed liner, but it is the same skid as your second link.

skid_lf.jpg

skid_rf.jpg

skid_rear.jpg

Latest posts

Back