best day ever!!!!/question

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kawfox9

Reaction score
so i finally went riding this past sunday.... and where a local trail of mine is it is all very very very dusty enough to where you have to be back 350 feet behind the person in front of you to even see....well anyhow it had rained the night before and the trails were absolutely mint!!! i'll put it in perspective if anybody races a sandy mx track and know whts it is liek after they water it down...thats how it was for 25 miles....!!!! ;D ;D it was great cause nobody was out either.....my quad was mind but i did notice that when ever i am really on it and shifting it blows out blue smoke when letting off the gas and pulling in the clucth to shift...anybody got any thoughts on wht is is??? ::)

??? dont know wht you are talking about i know a good amount about engines but dont know wht you are talking about

its an '05 raptor though do you think it could go that quick??? i dont think it is to rich cause all i have is a hmf and uni airfilter......and hmf sais all you have to do is drop a clip on the needle but this is so you dont have a dip in powr in the mid range

this is what mine used to do . you would rev it up and right when you let off the gas it would puff out. The problem got worse and about a week later it was pouring out smoke just idleing. It ended up being the valve seals so I'm guessing that's what yours is because it sounds like what mine was doing. Its very weird that they would be bad so soon though with it only being an 05. Mine is a 93 and it just started doing that last year. Just see what happens. I'd say it's burning oil though if the smoke is blue. Maybe it would still be under warrenty of some kind? idk.

yah....EVER since i have owned this quad i have thought this engined was messed...i have gone through 2 gaskets......now the blue smoke thing......and i just found out after riding for about a total of 4 or 5 hours in a week that i have gone from right on the dot for oil to needs more oil...this is really making me nervouse.....i think i might be calling up a yamaha dealer near buy and seeing if this might be under my warranty.....not only that but this engine gets sooooooooo hott i know it is aircooled and all but i have NEVER seen something run this hott in my life.....one night on my lake i was riding and the entire header was cherry red.....and yes the jetting seems to be find i have done a plug test

Back