Best Air Filter?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Satyrisci

Reaction score
Are these Pro Design and Modquad air intake/filter kits with the Billet aluminum filter mounting plate better than the standalone K&N filter? cuz there's a serious price difference...

Billet adapter plate, K&N filter, Outerwearz cover kit
$(KGrHqV,!hsE6OR4i--uBOqc8FWY)!~~60_12.JPG

Standalone K&N filter
!Bn1R,TQ!Wk~$(KGrHqIOKkQEtjG,3w8kBLlEbTFsH!~~_35.JPG

I'm kinda doing all my upgrades at once, just bought a FMF Powerbomb and FMF Factory 4.1 slip on, I don't want to re-jet after each upgrade

Last edited:
I have that same kit pictured above, I bought from ebay, for around 100 bucks. Overall decent upgrade. I am very pleased with mine. If you dont do much muddin they have a velocity intake tube that deletes airbox and mounts straight to carb.

I screwed my "standalone" k&n to the filter walls so there is no gap. Way cheaper than 100 bucks.

I screwed my "standalone" k&n to the filter walls so there is no gap. Way cheaper than 100 bucks.

I might actually do this lol. Does anyone have an opinion on whether this is a good or bad idea? Those adapter plates are damn expensive.

i dont see what it would hurt. I didnt drill into anything but plastic. And cleaned up all the shavings so it didnt get sucked into the carb. Just glad i can help someone!

There is a little lip around the opening of the filter on the inside. I cut that off to get a better seal. Just a pointer.

Back